DIRECTORATE OF STUDENTS AFFAIRS
Science and Technology Exhibition
Science & Technology Society hold. Science & Technology Exhibition on 6th & 7th June, 2010 in which 80 institutions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa participated. The names of the Institutions win prizes/certificates are given as below:
- Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan
- Islamia College University Peshawar
- F.G. Degree College Peshawar
- ICMS Peshawar
- The Green Montessori of School System Peshawar
- Qadims Luminer School Chinar Road University Town Peshawar
- Islamia Collegiate School Peshawar
Hiking Adventure Society
- The hiking / adventure society arranged its first visit to hilly areas in Galliat Hazara Division / Chitral during the year 2010 in which 40 students alongwith organizer and co-organizer participated.
- The group enjoyed the events of Shundur Mela w.e.f. 5th July to 11th July, 2010 and practically took part in the hiking under the supervision of organizer & co-organizer.
- The members of Hiking & Adventure Society displayed the banners of Islamia College Peshawar on hills and the organizer / co-organizer submitted the report of the said visit to me which is duly incorporated in the Annual Report of the University.
Social Welfare and Awareness Society
- 250 members of Social Welfare & Awareness Society initially arranged an orientation programmes in collaboration with the Regional office of Pakistan Red Crescent Society on 17th June 2010 in Khyber Union Hall and continued with the same programs in the last two years.
- The Society provided 230 volunteers to Pakistan Red Crescent Society. The events of the aforesaid programmes are properly preserved as record in the University.
Khyber Literary and Debating Society
- That after the inception of students societies in Islamia College, Peshawar, the Khyber Literary & Debating Society arranged its 1st function in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Affairs Islamabad on 23rd & 24th July, 2010 at Gandhara University Peshawar.
- The students of all the Universities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa participated in this regional level educational orientation programme. The students of Islamia College won the prizes in the major events as under:
- Mr. Hammad Naushad, student of BS 4th Semester won Ist. prize in quiz competition, 2nd Prize in Essay writing and got the award for Pride of Performance in this event.
- Mr. Ihtishamul Haq, student of 2nd year (Humanity group) won Ist. Prize in debating competition.
- Mr. Kamal Alam and Waqas Ayub, 2nd year students remained runner up in Qirrat and singing competitions.
- The activities of this society also continued in the last two years has been properly recorded is incorporate in the Annual report of the University.
Khyber Islamic Cultural and Dramatic Society
- The cabinet of Khyber Islamic Cultural Society held its 1st meeting on 12th June, 2010 and planned a series of programs for the session 2010-2011 out of which the 1st program of Quirat competition for female students held in Khyber Union Hall held on 18.03.2011. They also undertaken a series of programs in the session 2010-2012.
- The Dramatic Society staged its 1st drama in Preston University Islamabad in December, 2011 and got 2nd position in the country. They also finalized the arrangement for staging the play Julius Caesar drama in Agha Khan Auditorium as per detail given below:
- Three days (21st,22nd and 24th of April 2012) for full dress rehearsals.
- Four days (27th, 28th, 29th and 30th of April 2012) for final performances for students of Islamia College, guests from outside, Senior Alumini, Faculty members and families of actors and cabinets members of Dramatics Society.
- However the scheduled program was postponed by the then Vice Chancellor due to the opposition of some teachers who are against the mix gathering of Male & Female students.