DIRECTORATE OF STUDENTS AFFAIRS
The Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa / Chancellor in the review meeting held on 03.03.2010 at Governor House, Peshawar permitted the establishment of Constituent Colleges in 24 Districts of the Province & 07 Agencies of FATA and requested the Provincial Minister for Higher Education to approach the Provincial Government for handing over the vacant buildings or spare land to the management of ICP for establishment of the Constituent Colleges in Districts Swabi and Abbottabad. Establishment of Consitutent College at Sadda Kurram Agency
- It is proposed that initially two campuses will be stared at Parachinar & Sadda at Kurram Agency in the following two buildings. A portion of Commerce College Parachinar for the establishment of ICP Parachinar Campus. (Upper Kurram). A portion of Avon Public School Sadda for the establishment of ICP, Sadda Campus (Lower Khurram).
- The Project is approved by the Senate of Islamia College Peshawar in its meeting held on 27.04.2012 also sanctioned Rs.10.00 Million out of BOT funds for the proposed scheme. The PC-1 being prepared is already submitted to the FATA Secretariat. The component wise break-up of the estimated cost is as under:
Details of Item
Purchase of Vehicles
- The PC-1 has been accommodated in the ADP of FATA Secretariat for the year 2012-13 and its approval will be granted very soon.
Establishment of ICP Campus at Hund District Swabi
- It was proposed that initially the master planning of Swabi Campus shall be carried out at the estimated cost of Rs.39.786 million and a Bio-diversity park will be established for which the MOU will be signed with the department of Environment Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The scheme regarding establishment of Bio-diversity Centre is approved in the 1st meeting of the Senate ICP. The PC-1 being prepared for the master planning of Swabi Campus is already sent to HED. The component wise break-up of the estimated cost is as under:
Details of Item
Estimated Cost In Million
Soil Investigation Test
Equipment & Machinery
- The Higher Education Commission has sanctioned Rs.1,70000 for construction of firing range in Swabi Campus for the shooting activities of Khyber Rifle Students Society in general and training of University Chowkidar in particular.
- Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has donated 4000 kannals land free of charges for Swabi Campus and its Environment department has already sent the draft for signing MOU on Bio-diversity park.
Establishment of ICP Campus at Malakpura District Abbottabad
- The Secretary Higher Education Department Convene a meeting on 16.06.2011 and invited the Secretary to Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Auqaf, Hajj, Religious & Minority Affairs Department, Administrator Auqaf and Vice Chancellor Islamia College, Peshawar for discussion on the subject matter.
- Representative of Auqaf Department demanded Rs.3,97000/- per month has rent of the Banglow at Malakpura Abbottabad for Establishment of ICP Campus.
- The Vice Chancellor Islamia College, Peshawar offered maximum monthly rent @Rs.80000/- per month for the proposed building of the Auqaf Department Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The Administrator Auqaf was not agreed with the monthly rent quoted by the Vice Chancellor and he was stressing for further negotiation.
- The new Vice Chancellor is agreed to continue the negotiation with the Administrator Auqaf for the fixation of the rent of aforesaid building.